EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 10:37 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Welcome, Mate! Not much action here, superseded by social networks.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 6:40 pm 

Keep doing your part, go solar and one child or less, grow as much of your food as possible, refrain from overuse of fossil fuels, and vote to keep Australia as it was 50 years ago but without the industrialization and immigration.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 4:43 pm 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Welcome, I'm new here myself, hoping for more discussion,but I'll take what we have, and try to contribute something mostly positive.

It seems forums like this are slowly dying in favor of things like Facebook (which for personal reasons I will not rejoin).

I spent 5 weeks in Australia last August/September. Four of those in a tiny Camper. I found your country to be much cleaner than the USA and the Australians more friendly, polite and civilized than we are.

Keep up the good work, and do what you can.

Bob

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:17 am 
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

I saw some of the bleaching on the Great Barrier Reef, we have pretty much the same in our Florida and Caribbean reefs. And yes, population growth international corporations are taking their toll on the environment. Unfortunately we have the corporate media sowing the seeds of doubt and greed here and they propaganda gets IMHO the wrong people elected to most offices.

As things get worse, there is a growing consciousness about saving the planet creeping into politics. I hope it grows stronger quickly enough, and hope it's not too late.

All in all we that care need to do what we can.

BTW, I flew to Brisbane, rented a car and did some of the natural parks, then flew up to Cairns and rented a car for the reef and rain forest (got all the way to Cape Trib). After that flew to Darwin, rented the camper, drove down the Stuart Hwy to Kangaroo Island and then along the bottom to Sidney taking in Adelaide and Melbourne in between.

You still have a lot of natural resources to save, I truly hope you all can.