EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:45 pm 
New User
New User

:mrgreen:
I've been searching the internet looking for people who have an interest in the environment who would like to take part in a video Podcast. I've long been an advocate for pragmatic environmentalism. Recently, we've stepped away from that. It's fallen into the back of our conscience.

What am I looking for?

Anyone, honestly. If you have an interest or expertise in environmentalism or if you are opposed to it, it doesn't matter. I want to hear your voice. Your voice is so important.

We want to open a discussion. We want people to share what is on their mind. We all need to come together to break the fog that surrounds the confusion regarding climate change and pollution. Two terms that have long been the matter of controversy. The main point of this podcast is to try and find out where the disagreements lie.

Looking around the internet (YouTube) I realised that there isn't a consistant channel that talks specifically about Environmental concerns and the economic and philosophical issues that surround them!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:46 am 
New User
New User

lil bmp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:52 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

You should have perused through the enviromental posts. I've been an environmentalist since at least 1967. A lot of people talk the talk but few walk the talk. Held off until later in life and had one or no kids, lived the 3 Rs life, have lived on solar power or alternative non-emissions energy for a long time, built their own eco-homes, and know a variety of sciences and the math involved. There is the humpty dumpty tribe on youtube and his related stuff, there is monthy Paul Beckwith videos. There are relatively worthless podcasts from the environmental coffehouse on facebook.
With the continued dumbing down of humanity and moslem takeover, I don't see what good podcasts would do. People are still breeding like years ago and polluting more and more. We crossed tipping points last century and more recently. I'll tell you what has to be done. We have to cool the oceans of the Earth enough to refreeze the Arctic so it does not hit a point of zero ice cover over 1500GTs of methane hydrades onf e Arctic shelves. Once it starts blowing, the same mechanism that caused the PETM and the Permina Great Dying happens. The PIOMAS minimum sea ice graph shows 2022. An aerosol event like Toba but done with nuclear bombs is a possibility but either way means mass death of most people and very long recovery. Even without the methane problem, the population would crash with mass death by the 2040s instead of the 2020s. It could have been prevented with strict population control and green practices when MLK gave his 1966 speech, Nixon addressed congress in 1969 or Earth Day One. Mass death could have been avoided, and open ocean effect runaway could have been averted. Now, no one wants to hear bad news, just keep on living until they die. They never had the collective brains to even be called "wise apes". Fire apes is more like it. Everyone exhibiting low IQ, greed, or overbreeding, should have been killed off long ago.