[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
EnviroLink Forum • View topic - The Halloween story you write

EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:23 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

"I'm not feeling so good." annouced Billy/Quincy, clutching his stomach. Everyone stood clear of him as Van Helsing and Buck strode toward the back of the building.

"Your revolver...." "Silver bullets an' all, Doc. I take it this is the boss bat..." "Indeed. Once more we must strive forth to protect the innocent and stand against the forces of evil." "I'm getting overtime for this, I hope you know." A moment more and there came a barred doorway. Van Helsing's heart sank as yet again, Buck tore into his pockets for the keys.

"Hold on....just one.....no; damnation. Wrong one. Here....no, dang. This is for my desktop. Been lookin' for it, too..." "Buck, please! Time is of the essence! Poor Renfield..." "Remfield." "What?" "The guy signed his name Remfield." "So what? Who are you going to listen to: a man over 100 years old who chases bats and hairy people who howl at the moon or someone enslaved to evil who eats bugs?" "Ah...."

That moment, up ran Jillian. Dillion, with a encouraging mew, padded rapidly thru the the gaps between the doors bars as the young lass spoke.

"Buck; there's a mob of angry citizens with pitchfork, clubs and torches approuching from down the street." "Oh, grits-on-a-stick; ain't that dandy. Where they at, exactly? I gotta get Billy on 'em." "They seemed to stopped for the moment at the diner. Mondaynight football is on." "Praise the lord; that gives us to halftime. Oh, the key!"

In seconds the door was open and they dashed into the recesses of the jail.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:31 am 

No it was those that donated money to the National Republican Party (and any matching Federal funds) that paid the 150,000 for window dressing on an over the hill Beauty queen that got caught with her hands in the cookie jar of the state coffers
They arrived at the cell door unsure of what they would find expecting blood and gore to be everywhere…
Setting on the cold steel cot in the second cell across from the window, was a tall man thin as a rail with a hawkish nose wearing a tweed wool coat and a tweed deerstalker cap holding a calabash pipe. In the cell across from him on the floor sat Remfeild racked in sobs his shoulders heaving. Mumbling “Master don’t leave me, don’t leave me” between sobs… Buck looks at the tall thin man what the hell just happened in here and who the hell are you and why are you dressed like Sherlock Holms he demands. Booms, Hezekiah Brooms, member of the 221B Baker Street Chapter, Of the Sherlock Holmes Society, we were working a our Halloween case tonight, when your deputy pulled me in thought I was a peeping tom, with that Brooms hands buck a flyer advertising the case … Well Brooms what just happened in here? Can’t say really but there was a rather large bat at the window and then that poor man went all hysterical… Say is a he nut or what and when can I get outta here? Buck unlocked his cell and said "get! and next time tell us when you’re going to hold one of those things".
Did the bat enter the cell through the widow? Asked van Helsing, no just fluttered around at the bars and flew off. Said Broom. The color slowly came back to van Helsings face. How big was this big bat? Oh about like a fruit bat Why? said Broom. Was it the Boss BAT asked Buck? No I don't think there is anything to worry about Buck Van Helsing said but are there any caves or old unoccupied houses in the area? Yeah there are some caves over near Grover's Mill that’s just 15 miles up the road from here Why? Said buck. Oh no particular reason said van Helsing but isn't that where those Martian space craft landed years ago?

Last edited by pops on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:54 pm 

EPILOGUE

Years ago I went with my Greatuncle Buck , back to Bantum Mills the scene of so many of his stories.

He says the old place hasn’t changed much. On certain nights you can still hear the wolves howling from the depths of the woods. A strange mist still rises from the marshy ground giving a ghostly atmosphere as it creeps slowly towards the town.

He retired on a good pension and moved to a quieter part of the State. He traced his old nanny who had married an Earl and moved to England and lived a blissfully happy life, in a very large house in the Surrey countryside. She always said that Buck was her favourite.

Buck loves telling and re-telling the story of when he did battle single-handed…or so he says…with vampires, werewolves and creatures of the night.
He loves telling the story to my children, all six of them. The girls take after me and their ‘Unkie’ Buck and have inherited our green eyes.

The boys however resemble my beloved husband. They have all had pure white hair since the days of their birth, and the most beautiful of blue eyes.

Buck says the strangest things sometimes. He says for instance that my husband shouldn’t keep going on walkabouts at night, especially when there is a full moon. Buck also says the children have the hair and blue eyes of one of the wolves in his favourite story as tears well up in his big green eyes.

I told my darling this last night as we lay side by side . “ I shall call you ‘ Wolf-man ‘ from now on sweetheart “, I said.
He threw back his head laughing.

He howled and howled with laughter.

Just howled and howled……….

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:00 pm 

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 pm 

Just our way of saying ....
BOO!
Happy Halloween

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:39 am 

Just to prove...things do go BUMP in the day too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:10 pm 

Have a great Halloween.......

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:11 pm 

Here ya go, Mothy.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:19 am 

I had so much fun with this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:29 am 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:50 pm 

Oh, my time is so full at the moment!
It'd be fun, though. Something to think about...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:20 pm 

Who was your faverite charcter?
Buck for me. Okay, it's my own invention, so maybe he shouldn't count.
The kid who kept tossing his cookies was a hoot, too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:27 pm 

Happy Halloween...........

Rex Features

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... opup&ino=3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:08 pm 

:o

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:32 pm 

It's that time of year again....a oldy but goldly...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next