EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Pinocchio Emoticon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:27 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Josh, I used this emoticon :^o and it was deleted by a mod w/a note inserted that it was a personal attack. This was the first time on this board that this emoticon was deleted as a personal attack. Can you please explain this? And also why we have it in the gallery and the context it's supposed to be used?

Post subject: Re: Pinocchio Emoticon
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:43 pm 

Whether you are actually calling someone a liar or using an emoticon to call someone a liar it is a personal attack. The on-going and continuous use of the emoticon for the purpose of making a personal attack has now made it necessary to act on this officially.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:49 pm 

animallover wrote:
Whether you are actually calling someone a liar or using an emoticon to call someone a liar it is a personal attack. The on-going and continuous use of the emoticon for the purpose of making a personal attack has now made it necessary to act on this officially.

Ongoing use? Continuous use? WHERE?

I would like Josh's intervention and input here. Josh, the thread is in Open Forum, Donnie's wolf/Dr. Mech thread. There was no continous, ongoing use of that emoticon to have it deleted. Nor did I call him a liar. I also would like to know "officially" the context that this emoticon is to be used in the future and what it's supposed to mean.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:52 pm 

And PS animal lover - You are wrong. There was NO ongoing, nor continuous use of that emoticon. That was the FIRST and only time I used it in that thread.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:53 pm 

Grace wrote:
animallover wrote:

I would like Josh's intervention and input here. Josh, the thread is in Open Forum, Donnie's wolf/Dr. Mech thread. There was no continous, ongoing use of that emoticon to have it deleted. Nor did I call him a liar. I also would like to know "officially" the context that this emoticon is to be used in the future and what it's supposed to mean.

I never said that the on-going and continuous use was in one thread. It has been used in several thread against several people. And you can wait for Josh's input here but please know that this decision was made in joint agreement between all the Mods and Josh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:55 pm 

animallover wrote:
Grace wrote:
animallover wrote:

I never said that the on-going and continuous use was in one thread. It has been used in several thread against several people. And you can wait for Josh's input here but please know that this decision was made in joint agreement between all the Mods and Josh.

You had better support that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:01 pm 

Grace wrote:
animallover wrote:
Grace wrote:

You had better support that.

I am not hardly about to go through all the threads to point anything out to you. It is all there and I assume you know when you have used it and against whom.

The point is ....the manner in which it has been used is a violation of the board rules as it's use has been as a personal attack.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:01 pm 

animal lover
Quote:
never said that the on-going and continuous use was in one thread. It has been used in several thread against several people. And you can wait for Josh's input here but please know that this decision was made in joint agreement between all the Mods and Josh

You had better be searching posts right now to support that accusation, which I consider a personal attack. I cannot remember the last time I used this :^o.

I will be waiting for your support to my continuous uses of that emotican against several people here

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:10 pm 

animal lover
Quote:
I am not hardly about to go through all the threads to point anything out to you. It is all there and I assume you know when you have used it and against whom. The point is ....the manner in which it has been used is a violation of the board rules as it's use has been as a personal attack.

Oh my god. Do not assume anythere here because it is not true. I have not used it in a very LONG time. Months and months? Last year? Last I remember was maybe for exhibit purposes, when someone was warned about calling someone a liar and the irony that we couldn't do that here but could use the pinnochio emoticon. I can't remember how long. Summer? Your finger pointing that I have continually used it against people here to warrant an official warning has absolutely no merit. The fact you cannot even support it with (since it was so continous and frequent I'd think it wouldn't take you too long to find one or two recently, since it's so fresh in your MIND).

Don't you ever, ever email or PM me again and ask why I do not post at this board. Look in the mirror, if you should ever wonder about it again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:34 pm 

Grace wrote:
animal lover
Quote:
I am not hardly about to go through all the threads to point anything out to you. It is all there and I assume you know when you have used it and against whom. The point is ....the manner in which it has been used is a violation of the board rules as it's use has been as a personal attack.

Oh my god. Do not assume anythere here because it is not true. I have not used it in a very LONG time. Months and months? Last year? Last I remember was maybe for exhibit purposes, when someone was warned about calling someone a liar and the irony that we couldn't do that here but could use the pinnochio emoticon. I can't remember how long. Summer? Your finger pointing that I have continually used it against people here to warrant an official warning has absolutely no merit. The fact you cannot even support it with (since it was so continous and frequent I'd think it wouldn't take you too long to find one or two recently, since it's so fresh in your MIND).

Don't you ever, ever email or PM me again and ask why I do not post at this board. Look in the mirror, if you should ever wonder about it again.

I have not given you a "warning", I simply removed your post.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:39 pm 

Grace wrote:

Speaking of emoticons...

:-({|=

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:41 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
animal lover
Quote:

It did not take me long to remember the last times you used it as it was the point of discussion which resulted in Josh removing that partictular emoticon from those provided here. It was a recent occurance too, Jan 22.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:05 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:
animal lover
Quote:

It did not take me long to remember the last times you used it as it was the point of discussion which resulted in Josh removing that partictular emoticon from those provided here. It was a recent occurance too, Jan 22.

What are you talking about? It's still in the gallery since I used it today.?? I just searched all my posts for Jan. 22. No go Wayne. bill and ante were at it and several posts removed/deleted for personal attacks or "poor attempts at humor". And even if by chance you are right (which I doubt and believe you have me confused with someone else) if I did use it ONCE before, then a long period before that, it still doesn't qualify as continuous, ongoing use for personal attacks. You people stick together like glue. ARCO mods. You're no different. Just different beliefs.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:10 pm 

Grace wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:

What are you talking about? It's still in the gallery since I used it today.?? I just searched all my posts for Jan. 22. No go Wayne. bill and ante were at it and several posts removed/deleted for personal attacks or "poor attempts at humor". And even if by chance you are right (which I doubt and believe you have me confused with someone else) if I did use it ONCE before, then a long period before that, it still doesn't justify continuous, ongoing use for personal attacks. You people stick together like glue. ARCO mods. You're no different. Just different beliefs.

Grace, This issue seems to not have much of an impact on anyones else here as it seems to accepted by everyone even before this incident. You now know the rule, if you had any question about it prior to this. The prudent thing here is to accept it and move on as you are now agruing with the Mods and that is a clear violation that you are very much aware of.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:45 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Grace wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Grace wrote:

What are you talking about?

The previous discussions concerning this particular emoticon

Quote:
It's still in the gallery since I used it today.??

It is BACK in the gallery for some reason, but I expect that will change once the reason for the return is determined.

Quote:
I just searched all my posts for Jan. 22. No go Wayne.

The removal of the emoticon was done on that date. The usage was in the days prior to that as there was some time taken with discussion of the matter.

Quote:
And even if by chance you are right (which I doubt and believe you have me confused with someone else) if I did use it ONCE before, then a long period before that, it still doesn't qualify as continuous, ongoing use for personal attacks.

If you used it, it was once, but you claim to have been a long time since you used it previously. Were you mistaken then and mot now, or mistaken in both instances? I know there were multiple posts in a failry short period of time, those posts used this emoticon, we mods discussed the situation, and Josh removed the emoticon. I also know at least two of the posts were yours in that period. You may believe whatever you wish, but that was the case.

Quote:
You people stick together like glue. ARCO mods. You're no different. Just different beliefs.

As I said, you can believe whatever you wish but that does not make it any more truthful. Now, this should have exhausted the discussion of this emoticon issue as far as I can see.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next