EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Impartial moderating?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:31 pm 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
This post isn't up for disscussion it's a complaint to the site owner.

This site has two active moderators, Wayne and animallover, who are both against animal rights so where is the balance? Animallover is constantly using her position to "brow beat" AR posters on this site and one of her tricks is to claim that the post has gone off topic and moves it to another section yet she posts off topic remarks often inorder to derail Rankas topics. I have posted replies to her posts yet they are deemed off topic and moved. Anything AR related she trashes instead of leaving the topic alone to develop, why is this allowed to happen?

I for one will be keeping away from this site until I see an improvement and no it's not just drama it's a valid complaint.

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:57 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Posts: 3310
Thats Odd other than a few missfits (a few of whom have been banned) you seem to be the only one carpping about what is really a none issue. I see no problem myself :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:17 pm 
Offline
Member with 500 Posts!
Member with 500 Posts!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Posts: 953
Location: US
Sonic wrote:
This post isn't up for disscussion it's a complaint to the site owner.

This site has two active moderators, Wayne and animallover, who are both against animal rights so where is the balance? Animallover is constantly using her position to "brow beat" AR posters on this site and one of her tricks is to claim that the post has gone off topic and moves it to another section yet she posts off topic remarks often inorder to derail Rankas topics. I have posted replies to her posts yet they are deemed off topic and moved. Anything AR related she trashes instead of leaving the topic alone to develop, why is this allowed to happen?

I for one will be keeping away from this site until I see an improvement and no it's not just drama it's a valid complaint.


Uh, yeah, OK. I think the problem is not that AL is brow-beating anyone, but that when a direct question is asked it is ignored and the individual being asked either: a) changes the parameters or b) deflects the question by diverting to something else! I think it is about as appropriate for a moderator or the site owner to address that as to determine what a poster is allowed to say (as long as it fits within the rules). Furthermore, if you think what Al is doing is brow-beating, you have SERIOUSLY never truly been subjected to poor treatment in your life, and I am jealous of that.

Nowhere does it say moderators are not allowed to express their opinions. Personally, I don't view a moderator's post any differently than any other EXCEPT when they are posting a warning about rules violations.

Get over yourself and quit your whining!

_________________
It's often a man's mouth broke his nose...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:53 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20500
Location: Southeastern US
MojoMesmer wrote:
Nowhere does it say moderators are not allowed to express their opinions. Personally, I don't view a moderator's post any differently than any other EXCEPT when they are posting a warning about rules violations.


Which is exactly as it should be.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:27 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:53 am
Posts: 2281
Location: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Just to be clear, I have never picked volunteers here because of their positions on any issues. The only thing I care about is that they uphold the rules here. Sonic, I understand that your complaint alleges that AnimalLover is breaking the rules of being a moderator, but I'm not sure I've seen that. If others do have similar issues, please do PM me and let me know.

-josh


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:54 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:03 pm
Posts: 135
I do not post here very much and one of the main reasons for that is the behvaior exehibited by posters such as sonic. Who spent most of last evening saying that people were drunks and drug addicts. Almost
every thread that I have looked at that Sonic has posted in imo had been nothing attitude and insults and has almost always had nothing to do with the actual topic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:07 am 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
Shy Dakota wrote:
I do not post here very much and one of the main reasons for that is the behvaior exehibited by posters such as sonic. Who spent most of last evening saying that people were drunks and drug addicts. Almost
every thread that I have looked at that Sonic has posted in imo had been nothing attitude and insults and has almost always had nothing to do with the actual topic.



To say to someone "are you drunk?" or "you on drugs?" is a way of saying "are you serious?" nothing insulting in it at all. But thanks for your 2 pence worth... :-

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:26 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Sonic wrote:
Shy Dakota wrote:
I do not post here very much and one of the main reasons for that is the behvaior exehibited by posters such as sonic. Who spent most of last evening saying that people were drunks and drug addicts. Almost
every thread that I have looked at that Sonic has posted in imo had been nothing attitude and insults and has almost always had nothing to do with the actual topic.



To say to someone "are you drunk?" or "you on drugs?" is a way of saying "are you serious?" nothing insulting in it at all. But thanks for your 2 pence worth... :-


***********************

We are all human and moderators are no different. They are condemned if they are too lenient and condemned if they are too severe. I have had spats with them in the past, but it was usually my fault. I find it helps not to take anyone's remarks too seriously and to gloss over a lot of things. I think we all ought to re-read our posts first before we submit them and ask if we would appreciate what is written if we were the recipient. I have had apologies from moderators when there have been misunderstandings.

Don't take it to heart. Remember that no-one knows you personally.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:30 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Posts: 3310
Ya know in checking out your profile page sonic seems that youve never been issued any offical morderator warnings by AL or any other moderator. It looks to me like your crying before you are hit :shock:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:45 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
pops wrote:
Ya know in checking out your profile page sonic seems that youve never been issued any offical morderator warnings by AL or any other moderator. It looks to me like your crying before you are hit :shock:


*******************
I don't know how old/young Sonic is, but the rules MUST be upheld for the mutual protection and integrity of all. The most important rules are those which maintain and uphold the integrity of this forum and to prevent litigation and ridicule.

Sometimes the young ones cannot take criticism. If this what is happening here,then what I have learned is that life is full of criticism. Take to heart the well-meaning criticism of your friends and those you trust and take it with a pinch of salt from those who do not know your best qualities. Treat the outbursts of others with aplomb as they may be just having a bad day....as we all do.
Remember that some of us have heard all the cr*p before...in our opinions...and get frustrated and annoyed more quickly than perhaps we should.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:44 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:10 pm
Posts: 3310
Sonic, Now I remember where I heard that name before!

Americas Drive in!
Hey I'll have a chili cheese dog and a root beer float! \:D/

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:51 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 7:43 am
Posts: 2102
Location: Port Arthur, TX
Sonic wrote:
This post isn't up for disscussion it's a complaint to the site owner.

This site has two active moderators, Wayne and animallover, who are both against animal rights so where is the balance? Animallover is constantly using her position to "brow beat" AR posters on this site and one of her tricks is to claim that the post has gone off topic and moves it to another section yet she posts off topic remarks often inorder to derail Rankas topics. I have posted replies to her posts yet they are deemed off topic and moved. Anything AR related she trashes instead of leaving the topic alone to develop, why is this allowed to happen?

I for one will be keeping away from this site until I see an improvement and no it's not just drama it's a valid complaint.


It's no secret that I haven't much use for many within the AR bunch, and that is evident when taken in contest of the exchange ranka and I had about a week ago. I made it (I thought) clear that I think many of the AR tactics are borderline terrorism. I'm sure you know what I'm speaking about. And, if that's the case, then you know that AL came out to defend ranka against me. Therefore, your comment that AL "is constantly using her position her position to brow-beat AR posters" is an outright lie!

But, then again, some AR's make it a habit of bending and twisting the truth for their own personal gain. Are you one of them?

Oh, and by the way, is the reason you stated this topic is not up for discussion because you knew your comments were made on shaky ground and innuendo?

_________________
Demand American-Made; Buy ONLY American-Made


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 am 
Offline
Member with 200 posts
Member with 200 posts
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:40 am
Posts: 479
Quote:
"I made it (I thought) clear that I think many of the AR tactics are borderline terrorism. I'm sure you know what I'm speaking about."

No I don't know what you are speaking about please enlighten me.

Quote:
"And, if that's the case, then you know that AL came out to defend ranka against me. Therefore, your comment that AL "is constantly using her position her position to brow-beat AR posters" is an outright lie!"


Constantly would not mean with every action...

Quote:
"But, then again, some AR's make it a habit of bending and twisting the truth for their own personal gain. Are you one of them?"


Would this be your bias opinion of ARAs creeping out...?

Quote:
"Oh, and by the way, is the reason you stated this topic is not up for discussion because you knew your comments were made on shaky ground and innuendo?"


No it's bbecause ARA bashers such as yourself like take every chance to hop on their soap box and it's not the place for it I don't think.

_________________
MEAT IS MURDER


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:32 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Posts: 7554
Location: England
Sonic wrote:
Quote:
"I made it (I thought) clear that I think many of the AR tactics are borderline terrorism. I'm sure you know what I'm speaking about."

No I don't know what you are speaking about please enlighten me.

Quote:
"And, if that's the case, then you know that AL came out to defend ranka against me. Therefore, your comment that AL "is constantly using her position her position to brow-beat AR posters" is an outright lie!"


Constantly would not mean with every action...

Quote:
"But, then again, some AR's make it a habit of bending and twisting the truth for their own personal gain. Are you one of them?"


Would this be your bias opinion of ARAs creeping out...?

Quote:
"Oh, and by the way, is the reason you stated this topic is not up for discussion because you knew your comments were made on shaky ground and innuendo?"


No it's bbecause ARA bashers such as yourself like take every chance to hop on their soap box and it's not the place for it I don't think.


*****************
To quote yourself Sonic...


"This post isn't up for disscussion it's a complaint to the site owner. "


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group