All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I'm back.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 am 
Hello everyone \:D/

Post subject: Re: I'm back.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:56 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

OMG! Is this really the legendary XBlack!!!????

Dude, I think your exchanges with Archer should be required reading for anyone joining envirolink(LOL).

A most hardy welcome!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:05 pm 
Iowanic wrote:
OMG! Is this really the legendary XBlack!!!????

Dude, I think your exchanges with Archer should be required reading for anyone joining envirolink(LOL).

A most hardy welcome!

Yes tis me!!!! I'v just got back my old account because passwords went when the board was updated. #-o

Thanks for the welcome O:)

I hope Archer comes around to play soon ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:08 pm 

I believe Archer moved and has a new job, so he doesn't drop in as much, but once in a while, he surprises us.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:11 pm 
Iowanic wrote:
I believe Archer moved and has a new job, so he doesn't drop in as much, but once in a while, he surprises us.

Does this mean Archer does less hunting? No more murdering animals? ;) =D>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:17 pm 

X-Black wrote:
Iowanic wrote:

to my knowledge he never did

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:21 pm 
OHIOSTEVE wrote:
X-Black wrote:
Iowanic wrote:

to my knowledge he never did

Yes he used to hunt with his little bow :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 pm 

Quote:

Yes he used to hunt with his little bow :lol:

yeah I know, thats not what I was commenting on

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:42 pm 

Admin Note: Intros and welcomes only please. Take the peanut gallery commentary elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:56 am 
Are you for real Fosgate? If so this place has changed very much! I'v had a look around and I see that there is a hard line approach to this place, much like a vegan forum I could mention. The rate of bannings is on par with it from what I can see, a move in the wrong direction if you ask me, but who am I?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:58 am 

X-Black wrote:
Are you for real Fosgate? If so this place has changed very much! I'v had a look around and I see that there is a hard line approach to this place, much like a vegan forum I could mention. The rate of bannings is on par with it from what I can see, a move in the wrong direction if you ask me, but who am I?

Answering your question at the end there: someone who has been out of touch for while... we are not enforcing a point of view here (we never have), but we are trying to keep threads on topic. We received so many complaints about threads being derailed by completely off-topic non sequitors that we decided to enforce the on-topic rule as best we can. Whining about it isn't going to help, but actually trying to keep threads on-topic (or at least generally on-topic) will help. Once again, I will not allow any moderator to intervene about someone's point of view (anyone here is allowed to express any viewpoint they want, as long as they do so within the rules).

-josh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:14 pm 
josh knauer wrote:
X-Black wrote:

Answering your question at the end there: someone who has been out of touch for while... we are not enforcing a point of view here (we never have), but we are trying to keep threads on topic. We received so many complaints about threads being derailed by completely off-topic non sequitors that we decided to enforce the on-topic rule as best we can. Whining about it isn't going to help, but actually trying to keep threads on-topic (or at least generally on-topic) will help. Once again, I will not allow any moderator to intervene about someone's point of view (anyone here is allowed to express any viewpoint they want, as long as they do so within the rules).

-josh

I do understand your point Josh but both sides of the story should also count, after all members do make the site? I'v noticed that this rule is used by some with no bending at all and I do believe that even though topics do go off topic at times this can help with the progression of the disscussion and to delete posts like what happen with one mod doesn't make sence it just causes contention but I'v just come back after a long "holiday" so I will have to feel my way around. I do feel that members are walking on egg shells though, can't be a good thing?