EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Plagiarism Accusation
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:14 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Hi Josh,

Accusing someone of plagiarism is a serious charge. I wold like Donnie Mac Leod to demonstrate and explain how and where have I plagiarized anyone. In any case, I would like the sentence: "Seems he [Ante] has run into a plagiarism problem." in this post bellow which is a defamation of my character (libel) to be removed ASAP unless Donnie can show the proof of this false allegation.

Thank you,
Ante

This post is from this page on "Freegan Storry" thread.
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Bumpty Bump,Bump Bump. Could someone please gather up the wheels from Ante's, Unit. Seems he has run into a plagiarism problem. No surprise here but the Guru he has quoted as an expert equal to himself, is comparable to Goofy, trying to out do Daffy Duck. Chomsky passing judgment on intellectuals of any type, is like A major, brain flatulence.
(Emphasis added)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:45 pm 

My Soul but you are one childish persona Ante.

Grizzly wrote::
Quote:
So Ante, would you care to explain why you would quote Noam Chomsky verbatim without attributing the quote to him and instead choose to use the word "some"? [-X No, it isn't "some", Ante, it's Chomsky. Is it because you're flat out intellectually dishonest?

To which I noted::

Quote:
Bumpty Bump,Bump Bump. Could someone please gather up the wheels from Ante's, Unit. Seems he has run into a plagiarism problem.

You do realize I was making a direct reference to Grizzly's assertion that you quoted Chomsky without accreditation to Chomsky?? That is why I stated "SEEMS" like Plagiarism or you don't understand that SEEMs like, isn't a concrete conclusion that you plagiarized anyone although I SUSPECT you have.

BTW you have attached more photoshopped pictures on this forum many times over, which I am very doubtful that you accredited to any of the original ARTISTS.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:44 pm 

Josh,

I'll let you resolve this, but let me just point this out.

Here is quotation of the sentence Grizzly Bear was referring to:

Ante Bozanich wrote:
Never mind that most of serious academics laugh at this sophomoric misunderstanding of human nature and some consider Rand: "one of the most evil figures of modern intellectual history."

Since I was not publishing a book or a scholarly article and couldn't remember who attributed these several words to Ayn Rand, I did not think it was important to find the source but to just state as I did: "... and some [academics] consider Rand: "one of the most evil figures of modern intellectual history."

In no way, shape or form can this be considered plagiarism or can it seem to be plagiarism since I had placed these words in quotation marks and had attributed them to "some academic" not to myself.

We've gone through something similar to this before with Donnie. Please see Donnie Misquoting Me thread in this section. I've told Donnie that I use my real name on this forum as my user name. This is not childish, but a serious matter for me, consequences of which Donnie don't seem to be capable to understand.

I would appreciate if you could do something about this ongoing problem.

Ante

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:02 pm 

Ok... I had to look this up to make sure I was thinking of the correct definition:

Quote:
plagiarism - the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.

Clearly Ante was not trying to represent someone else's work as his own and therefore, whatever other disagreements you have with his statement, it is not plagiarism. Donnie... whether you knew this or not, you need to remove the accusation as it is factually inaccurate. Ante is correct that a public accusation of plagiarism in an open forum like this could be considered libel.

Please remove/edit the post in question within 24 hours and we'll consider this water under the bridge.

-josh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:34 am 

ADMIN NOTE: Thread is now locked. This section is not to be used for debate. State your case and await admin response.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]