EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Ante Bozanich wrote:

Illinois has humane laws to protect animals, but rodeo thugs have nothing to fear in Wauconda, Illinois, where the Lake County Sheriff's Department and the Lake County State's Attorney's Office are in the tank for the Wauconda Rodeo.

animal-friendly wrote:
Ante Bozanich wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:

oh yeah .... protecting the status quo. Somebody's gotta do it ..... they get their pay cheque and they have a means of paying their mortgage, sending their kids to school, the dentist, disneyland ... whatever it takes to have a "good life" ... we all want the "good life", right?

The rodeo folks want the same thing.

The ticket payers want the same thing too - with a little entertainment please! Give us something to do on weekends. Give us a meeting place where our friends and neighbors come. Rodeos are exciting! They are a tradition and part of our culture.

So what, exactly, is your problem??? Huh?

Sorry, I am starting to work on my income tax return so I'll let Dr. Richard Ryder answer your loaded question (????) again. Dr. Ryder is a British psychologist, author of several books who used to work in animal research laboratories, as I am sure you know:

Only someone in self serving denial, stuck in the 16th/17th century Descartian nonsense and total ignorance regarding up to date knowledge of animal behavioral psychology would argue otherwise with no shame like some people still argue that the Earth is flat.

My apologies Ante. My post was meant to be sarcastic. I guess that didn't translate very well.

Oh no! Not at all! I understood your sarcasm and what you were saying. I was only playing back by using your sarcastic question to respond indirectly to some nonsense thrown around earlier of how animals are mere automata etc.

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:30 am 

Sorry, Ante. No matter how much 'ara-speak' is applied, the vast majority of folks don't seem to be willing to drink the kool-aid being offered.

Interesting how the most adament non-animal uses folks hereabouts are avoiding the 'how dear the deer' thread.......too many uncomfortable, real-world based questions being asked, perhaps?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:16 am 

What does a Rodeo protest have to do with Hunting and terrorism??? Are sabs the terrorists who can be found at both hunting & rodeo events??

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:20 pm 

Iowanic wrote:
Sorry, Ante. No matter how much 'ara-speak' is applied, the vast majority of folks don't seem to be willing to drink the kool-aid being offered.

Oh, your "majority of folks" ARE willing and ARE drinking "the kool-aid being offered" all right. It's coming globally in all shapes and forms; from Coca-Cola, Philip Morris, McDonald's and Burger King to Exxon Mobil, Fox News, NRA, Pat Robertson and other pulpits of this kind. However, unfortunately this sham is not only robbing your "majority of folks" off their own lives and meaningful living, but it's poisoning and destroying the rest of the life on this planet.

Iowanic wrote:
Interesting how the most adament non-animal uses folks hereabouts are avoiding the 'how dear the deer' thread.......too many uncomfortable, real-world based questions being asked, perhaps?

I don't know about couple of other pro animal people here (if this is what you mean by "non-animal uses folks"); but, sorry, I do not pay attention to most of the threads by anti animal crowd here. I simply don't have time for much more than reading and selectively responding to some posts on the topics that I have originated myself. I've been trying to reduce my posting here to one per day or less. My goal has been to use as efficiently as possible and meaningfully the time that's left for me on the Earth. Posting videos, images and quoting is fast and the most productive thing I can do here, I think. Chit chat is waste of time. Not words but action...

So, I'd be careful thinking that you've come up with something beyond what's been answered in the basic, simplified Animal Rights Frequently Asked Questions or any books which I have offered for you to read several times. Moreover, I have seen numerous of your questions on this and few other threads on which I participate, and looking at those, I'd be shocked to see anything different or new.

If non lethal methods for animal population control have not been perfected yet, then it's time that adequate effort and resource are spent so that this happens ASAP. This is what my tax money should be spent on instead of on building missiles, torture chambers, wars and destruction. As a matter of fact, I am making sure that when I die, most of what I have will go towards this kind of research and invention.

I hope that some day homo repiens will have no excuse for murdering and torturing animal persons who they call "vermin" and whose only fault is that these sentient being reproduce successfully.

It is an unfortunate fact that those people who are most eloquent in their demand for the conservation of animals are often those most eager to violate animal life at the first opportunity. -- Andrew Linzey

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:59 pm 

I'm at the workplace, Ante, so I can't view whatever pictures you put up in the last post; I'll take a gander in the morn when I get home.

I'd love to comment on your note of controlling animal reproduction, but as that's more in line with the topic on the deer thread, I'm putting my response there.

In regards to those Faq thingies, Ante, they only answer in the most general manner and never to the specific questions I mention in the deer thread.

Which is part of why I started that thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:34 am 

Seen part of the videos. They speak for themselves and it's more of the same.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:36 am 

Though that one of the hunting from Penn. looked promising. It was 10 minutes long and I don't have time this morning. Maybe this afternoon...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:02 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
What does a Rodeo protest have to do with Hunting and terrorism??? Are sabs the terrorists who can be found at both hunting & rodeo events??

This has been answered throughout the thread. I think the essay bellow and then the video (again) sums all this up in a very clear, precise and solid way.

1. Essay:

2. Video:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm 

Seen one of the hunt videos; actually was pretty good stuff. I wish they'd spent more time showing the deer but that type of hunting is the sort I personally find challenging.

Gotta say, it's amazing flintlocks were used as long as they were.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:30 pm 

I know, I should perhaps start a new thread with these facts and images from Animal Visuals. (I've just found this link on another forum posted by Roger Yates). But, right now, I don't want to spread myself too thin, and since this is, nonetheless, about the ultimate terrorism, I am going for the starter post this here.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:32 pm 

Battery produced meat is pretty grim, isn't it?

That's why I prefer venison. 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 pm 

Battery cage. So are we talking D cells with feathers? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:47 pm 

These two video belongs on this thread also:

Last edited by Ante Bozanich on Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:53 pm 

On a side note:

Was the rev. Martin Lutrher King a vegan?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:20 pm 

hunter88 wrote:
Battery cage. So are we talking D cells with feathers? :lol:

No, we are adding to the terrorist list those who terrorize, torture and murder animal persons in the animal factory prisons next to animal killers who terrorize, hunt and kill animal persons in their wild territories, habitat and homes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 181 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next