EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: We are winning!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:57 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17366253

Threatens to undermine! Who are they kidding. YOU! SHAME ON YOURSELF!

http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/ ... healthcare

If God cannot look after them then we should.

Mothy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:33 am 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:53 pm
Posts: 49
We should preform medical experiments on prisoners.

_________________
"In My view, all that is necessary for faith is the belief that by doing our best we shall come nearer to success and that success in our aims (the improvement of the lot of mankind, present and future) is worth attaining."- ROSALIND FRANKLIN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:59 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20550
Location: Southeastern US
mothy wrote:
http://www.bmj.com/rapid-response/2011/ ... healthcare

If God cannot look after them then we should.

Mothy.


What is the BMJ supposed to be exactly? A "rating" for the post in question (10 ears old) and one not made by a medical professional at all. Credibility is not strong with this one.

28 February 2002
Sheila Edwards, retired teacher

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:04 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20550
Location: Southeastern US
mothy wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17366253

Threatens to undermine! Who are they kidding. YOU! SHAME ON YOURSELF!


They are not kidding anyone. If there is no animal research, which is undertaken prior to human testing, the research stops at that point. If it cannot be performed in the UK the research will have to move elsewhere. If that elsewhere does not have the strict regulations for the treatment of research animals who wins? Not the animals, not the researchers, not the medical industry, not the general population, and not the activists unless their only goal is to prevent research in the UK and not to stop research on animal or ensure research animals were treated well.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:06 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20550
Location: Southeastern US
GoGreenCO wrote:
We should preform medical experiments on prisoners.


Cruel and unusual punishment and there would still have to be animal testing prior to the human trials regardless.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:08 pm 
Offline
New User
New User

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:53 pm
Posts: 49
Quote:
Cruel and unusual punishment


Prison is cruel and unusual.

_________________
"In My view, all that is necessary for faith is the belief that by doing our best we shall come nearer to success and that success in our aims (the improvement of the lot of mankind, present and future) is worth attaining."- ROSALIND FRANKLIN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:23 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:09 pm
Posts: 1649
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
My biggest problem with this effort by animal activists is laboratories are going to do the research regardless... the animals are a very low cost item in the research budget. So now these laboratories are going to start their own lab animal breeding facilities and you can be sure the animals born in such a facilities will be treated with less care and respect as a private lab animal company would do and there will likely be tragic mistakes as these testing labs get things set up that would not happen in an established breeding facility. I don't think anyone won anything but the animals will likely lose caring humans raising them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:30 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20550
Location: Southeastern US
GoGreenCO wrote:
Quote:
Cruel and unusual punishment


Prison is cruel and unusual.


Not according to the legal precedence, which would apply.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:25 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2003 9:27 am
Posts: 5776
Location: USA
GoGreenCO wrote:
Quote:
Cruel and unusual punishment


Prison is cruel and unusual.


Which would become yet more cruel and unusual if one experimented upon prisoners. Do you have a problem with cruel and unusual treatment or do you not?

_________________
TANG SOO!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:54 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17366253

Threatens to undermine! Who are they kidding. YOU! SHAME ON YOURSELF!


They are not kidding anyone. If there is no animal research, which is undertaken prior to human testing, the research stops at that point. If it cannot be performed in the UK the research will have to move elsewhere. If that elsewhere does not have the strict regulations for the treatment of research animals who wins? Not the animals, not the researchers, not the medical industry, not the general population, and not the activists unless their only goal is to prevent research in the UK and not to stop research on animal or ensure research animals were treated well.[


So you agree human testing must be done. And why is that? And do you know or aware of the strict regulations the u.k. have and are carried out effictively?

I watched a program once where a female scientist was giving electrodes into a hamsters brain wheron they were 'dispatched' She sardonically give 'it' a name and the whole show revealed 'they' were not animals but 'they' were 'its'.

An it is an object. Animals are not objects. We will pursue far from the uk believe you me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20550
Location: Southeastern US
mothy wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
mothy wrote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17366253

Threatens to undermine! Who are they kidding. YOU! SHAME ON YOURSELF!


They are not kidding anyone. If there is no animal research, which is undertaken prior to human testing, the research stops at that point. If it cannot be performed in the UK the research will have to move elsewhere. If that elsewhere does not have the strict regulations for the treatment of research animals who wins? Not the animals, not the researchers, not the medical industry, not the general population, and not the activists unless their only goal is to prevent research in the UK and not to stop research on animal or ensure research animals were treated well.



So you agree human testing must be done. And why is that? And do you know or aware of the strict regulations the u.k. have and are carried out effictively?[/quote]

Yes, human trials are necessary as are the animal tests prior to the human trials. I am aware of the regulations of both the US and UK to a degree.

Quote:
I watched a program once where a female scientist was giving electrodes into a hamsters brain wheron they were 'dispatched' She sardonically give 'it' a name and the whole show revealed 'they' were not animals but 'they' were 'its'.


Animals are "its" according the the rules of language.

Quote:
An it is an object. Animals are not objects. We will pursue far from the uk believe you me.


Pursue them so they come here. We have extra capacity for such research here now.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:22 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Babies are its when the adult does not know the sex. That is by the by. Alot of language is archaic. 25 years ago when I became vegan I had to explain to people what that meant. Now most people know. There is an understanding of the literal meaning now. I believe the majority still have their heads in the sand in making the connection of what they eat and how he/she got there. If they get their skulls risen from the dunes and still continue to eat meat then that is their freedom so long as the law stands at it is.

There is more freedom in legal law than there is in a moral one.

Mothy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=en ... G3y34&NR=1

Wayne wakes up in gerbil form. He is now against animal experimentation. :idea:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2277
Location: Central Colorado
from the insane jerker, mothy; :razz:
"Wayne wakes up in gerbil form. He is now against animal experimentation."
I am for using animals in experiments before human testing, and I think killing plants is the same as killing animals for food. When we get to Heaven nothing will have to die so that we can live.
As far as prison goes, it is illogically expensive. I would like to see a return of more executions, and ones that use torture to give a similar death to those who have done the same or worse to innocents. It is logical to reduce population in this manner during a time of extreme overpopulation. It is also logical to make the punishment so severe to deter the crime. I believe in the death penalty for all three time burglars on up. Mass murderers deserve a long public torture, to hopefully inhibit others from doing the same.
Unlike in ages past, a system of checks to prevent corruption should be in place.
I would like to see eco-education in all schools so that kids learn the facts of the webs of life, that for one species to live, other species must support them with their lives. The soil which grows plants requires the excrement and dead bodies of those which feed upon plants and plant eaters, over the long term. The lowest bacteria and fungi, to the worms, make soil rich. Over-use of the soil reduces organic amounts, to the point where a great deal is devoid of precious nutrients---replaced by petro-chemicals also depleting. #-o
The better than thou attitude of vegans makes me sick. :-& They are ignorant of the facts of life, and ecology/the environment. [-X
Wayne will never wake up in gerbil form, except in the dreams of a mad man..... =P~

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:55 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:59 pm
Posts: 1348
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
from the insane jerker, mothy; :razz:
"Wayne wakes up in gerbil form. He is now against animal experimentation."
I am for using animals in experiments before human testing, and I think killing plants is the same as killing animals for food. When we get to Heaven nothing will have to die so that we can live.
As far as prison goes, it is illogically expensive. I would like to see a return of more executions, and ones that use torture to give a similar death to those who have done the same or worse to innocents. It is logical to reduce population in this manner during a time of extreme overpopulation. It is also logical to make the punishment so severe to deter the crime. I believe in the death penalty for all three time burglars on up. Mass murderers deserve a long public torture, to hopefully inhibit others from doing the same.
Unlike in ages past, a system of checks to prevent corruption should be in place.
I would like to see eco-education in all schools so that kids learn the facts of the webs of life, that for one species to live, other species must support them with their lives. The soil which grows plants requires the excrement and dead bodies of those which feed upon plants and plant eaters, over the long term. The lowest bacteria and fungi, to the worms, make soil rich. Over-use of the soil reduces organic amounts, to the point where a great deal is devoid of precious nutrients---replaced by petro-chemicals also depleting. #-o
The better than thou attitude of vegans makes me sick. :-& They are ignorant of the facts of life, and ecology/the environment. [-X
Wayne will never wake up in gerbil form, except in the dreams of a mad man..... =P~



So tell me was the sense of humour bypass very painful? It was obviously successful.

You really a star are you not, talking about heaven and torture in the same breath. an eye for an eye and the whole world becomes blind. [-X

It is a sad state of affairs when people need other people to suffer in order to make themselves feel better.

What have we become?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: We are winning!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:33 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1335
Johhny Electriglide wrote:
from the insane jerker, mothy; :razz:
"Wayne wakes up in gerbil form. He is now against animal experimentation."

Quote:
Have you not become sensitized to Mothy's humour yet? His humour has a sense of affection. Mothy loves Wayne.


I am for using animals in experiments before human testing, and I think killing plants is the same as killing animals for food.

Quote:
Tongue in cheek comment? I'm not sure .... killing plants is not the ame as killing animals. I'm not sure if you are kidding or not. It's hard to gage with you.



When we get to Heaven nothing will have to die so that we can live.

Quote:
Tongue in cheek again? There is nothing other than "here".



As far as prison goes, it is illogically expensive. I would like to see a return of more executions, and ones that use torture...

Quote:
An eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.



It is logical to reduce population in this manner during a time of extreme overpopulation. It is also logical to make the punishment so severe to deter the crime. I believe in the death penalty for all three time burglars on up. Mass murderers deserve a long public torture, to hopefully inhibit others from doing the same.

Quote:
It is logical to torture people because there are too many people?


Quote:
Johnny ..... relax a little. Try not to think so much. Do things that give you pleasure. Find out what gives you joy in your life and do it. Go for a walk in the woods, play with some children, cook an excellent meal and share it with your neighbors .... and don't do anything with a goal in mind or with some ideal. Just let your action be the healing balm that you and the world needs. Share it. Be it.


Unlike in ages past, a system of checks to prevent corruption should be in place.
I would like to see eco-education in all schools so that kids learn the facts of the webs of life, that for one species to live, other species must support them with their lives. The soil which grows plants requires the excrement and dead bodies of those which feed upon plants and plant eaters, over the long term. The lowest bacteria and fungi, to the worms, make soil rich. Over-use of the soil reduces organic amounts, to the point where a great deal is devoid of precious nutrients---replaced by petro-chemicals also depleting. #-o

Quote:
Ahhhh, so this is where you shine!


The better than thou attitude of vegans makes me sick. :-& They are ignorant of the facts of life, and ecology/the environment. [-X

Quote:
Is it any different from your recommendations that we torture those who have not been better than thou?


Wayne will never wake up in gerbil form, except in the dreams of a mad man..... =P~


Quote:
But Mothy was kidding and Wayne knows it .... and was probably able to receive the affectionate jostling.



Johnny ... is there joy in your life? Do you experience a sense of playfulness ..... ever?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group