EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:34 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1334
Wayne Stollings wrote:
http://www.14news.com/story/20559778/tn-firearms-instructor-gains-attention-from-youtube-rant

CAMDEN, TN (WSMV) -
A Middle Tennessee firearms trainer who made an ominous comment about killing people in a YouTube video that gained national attention this week has had his handgun carry permit suspended Friday by the Tennessee Department of Safety and Homeland Security.

James Yeager, 42, had his permit suspended based on a "material likelihood of risk of harm to the public," the department said in a statement.

Col. Tracy Trott of the Tennessee Department of Safety said it didn't take him long to reach a decision after viewing the comments on the Internet.

"I watched it twice to make sure I was hearing what I thought I heard," Trott said.

"It sounded like it was a veiled threat against the whole public. I believed him. He had a conviction in his voice, and the way he looked into the camera, I believe he's capable of a violent act," Trott said.



Yes, .... and another article which includes a few of his originals.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/11/s ... n-control/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1334
As we live in a free market, and the NRA would like to have a 'piece' (no pun intended) of that .... and since their efforts to blame gun violence on video games (as well as "the bad guys") has been seen through anyway ...... they have now launched a shooting game.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arc ... -game.aspx

And since the second amendment calls for it ..... and we all need practice .....

The app includes what it calls “9 true to life firearms,” and allows players to download an MK-11 sniper rifle setting for 99 cents. The rifle can shoot 750 rounds per minute.
Raw Story (http://s.tt/1ypIy)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/01/14/n ... d-targets/

750 rounds per minute is exactly what America needs ..... 'cuz the 2nd amendment and all that, ya know? freedom, liberty, rights, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:41 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Posts: 2453
Location: The only hole built above ground
Quote:
750 rounds per minute is exactly what America needs ..... 'cuz the 2nd amendment and all that, ya know? freedom, liberty, rights, etc.


Nah, I will pass.....too expensive! Damn ammo price has gone up two to three times!

_________________
I can have oodles of charm....... when I want to.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
All the experts agree on gun bans.

Image

Maybe living with the realization of how little freedom fom government in the old country was what caused the Founding Fathers of the United States to adopt these rules in order to protect US citizens from the tryanny of their own governments in the future.

Second Amendment: Right to bear Arms
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed

Third Amendment:Quartering of Soldiers
No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.

Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.


If the Constitutional law of having your own and keep weapons to defend against the power of government needed the fourth amendment about siezure & the breaking of the third amendment in order to triple down on the breaking of the second amendment.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20500
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
All the experts agree on gun bans.

Image


Odd that so many of these were overthrown by force, either internally (25%) or war (25%).


Quote:
Second Amendment: Right to bear Arms
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed


Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against [b]unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation,[/b] and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.


If the Constitutional law of having your own and keep weapons to defend against the power of government needed the fourth amendment about siezure & the breaking of the third amendment in order to triple down on the breaking of the second amendment.


Also all three may be removed by a vote to do so by a majority of the legislators representing 2/3 of the states.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
But they all have a commonality that caused severe hardship, cruelty of government over the people they became dictators over because the folks were unable to understand where things were going when the original bans took place . The actions are reenacted and some folks will gladly give such killers the reins one peg at a time. In the mean time death camps and grave yards become filled with dissidents who tried to turn back the dictators before they got that power and generations of folks became slaves to the dictators who had all the weapons.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:52 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20500
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
But they all have a commonality that caused severe hardship, cruelty of government over the people they became dictators over because the folks were unable to understand where things were going when the original bans took place . The actions are reenacted and some folks will gladly give such killers the reins one peg at a time. In the mean time death camps and grave yards become filled with dissidents who tried to turn back the dictators before they got that power and generations of folks became slaves to the dictators who had all the weapons.


No, that is just propaganda. Hitler did not ban guns, but there were controls in place before he was elected and given the powers. In fact, the 1938 gun control law so often mentioned reduced the restrictions on ownership for most Germans over the previous laws starting after WWI when there were restrictions placed on Germany by the Treaty of Versailles. Gun control is claimed in these cases but I have seen little independent information to confirm or deny them. Snopes has been researching the same claims for over a month now too.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:24 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1334
Blood money.

LaPierre took home $960,000 from the NRA and related organizations in 2010; Kayne B. Robinson, the executive director of general operations, earned more than $1 million.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... bushmaster


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:36 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am
Posts: 87
The irony is that these "experts" were supplied arms by military powers, including those that worked with the U.S. and aren't mentioned.

Not surprisingly, the same arms industry is behind lobbying against gun control but also lobbying for arms exports deregulation while providing more formidable armaments to police and military forces, including those that work for these "experts."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:51 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2003 5:13 pm
Posts: 7957
Location: Cape Breton Npva Scotia
When the second world war broke out The Brits were training their home front with broom handles because they had no weapons to defend themselves with. They begged Canada , Austraila & the US for any type of weapondry they could supply. That is what happens when folks do not prepare as a country or as a man in his own castle or work place for defending yourself from an invasion of bad people.

_________________
I use red, not because of anger but to define my posts to catch rebuttals latter and it makes the quote feature redundent for me. The rest of you pick your own color.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:07 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 12:42 am
Posts: 1334
ralfy wrote:
The irony is that these "experts" were supplied arms by military powers, including those that worked with the U.S. and aren't mentioned.

Not surprisingly, the same arms industry is behind lobbying against gun control but also lobbying for arms exports deregulation while providing more formidable armaments to police and military forces, including those that work for these "experts."


This seems to be factual Ralfy. What, do you think, are the implications?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 pm 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20500
Location: Southeastern US
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
When the second world war broke out The Brits were training their home front with broom handles because they had no weapons to defend themselves with. They begged Canada , Austraila & the US for any type of weapondry they could supply. That is what happens when folks do not prepare as a country or as a man in his own castle or work place for defending yourself from an invasion of bad people.



this is true, but the fact the army left all of its equipment in France when it evacuated does make a significant difference. Even semi-automatic weapons would not be much against artillery and heavy machine guns.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:59 am
Posts: 2255
Location: Central Colorado
The guns I would like to have, I would not be able to afford to shoot!!! A quad 50 saved my ass in RVN and I wanted one of those, until I saw a quad 20mm in action!!!!(on the Military Channel) :lol:

_________________
"With every decision, think seven generations ahead of the consequences of your actions" Ute rule of life.
“We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”― Chief Seattle
“Those Who Have the Privilege to Know Have the Duty to Act”…Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:32 am 
Offline
Member with 50 posts!
Member with 50 posts!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:24 am
Posts: 87
animal-friendly wrote:
ralfy wrote:
The irony is that these "experts" were supplied arms by military powers, including those that worked with the U.S. and aren't mentioned.

Not surprisingly, the same arms industry is behind lobbying against gun control but also lobbying for arms exports deregulation while providing more formidable armaments to police and military forces, including those that work for these "experts."


This seems to be factual Ralfy. What, do you think, are the implications?


The government working with the financial elite will engage in various false flags for various reasons, which includes testing the waters to see how the public will react to tragic events involving firearm use. These include attempts at gun control (which may be irrelevant because U.S. military and police forces, not to mention prison and surveillance systems, are already strong), note reactions in the form of more gun sales, note percentages of citizens calling for more security, etc.

Eventually, beefed-up military and police forces with ground-attack aircraft, drones, artillery, bombs, armored vehicles (all paid for by the public), will overwhelm citizens armed with small arms. Thus, citizens will be controlled ironically with the same armaments that they think will protect them from a government armed by the same source.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:24 am 
Offline
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2003 10:45 pm
Posts: 20500
Location: Southeastern US
ralfy wrote:
animal-friendly wrote:
ralfy wrote:
The irony is that these "experts" were supplied arms by military powers, including those that worked with the U.S. and aren't mentioned.

Not surprisingly, the same arms industry is behind lobbying against gun control but also lobbying for arms exports deregulation while providing more formidable armaments to police and military forces, including those that work for these "experts."


This seems to be factual Ralfy. What, do you think, are the implications?


The government working with the financial elite will engage in various false flags for various reasons, which includes testing the waters to see how the public will react to tragic events involving firearm use. These include attempts at gun control (which may be irrelevant because U.S. military and police forces, not to mention prison and surveillance systems, are already strong), note reactions in the form of more gun sales, note percentages of citizens calling for more security, etc.

Eventually, beefed-up military and police forces with ground-attack aircraft, drones, artillery, bombs, armored vehicles (all paid for by the public), will overwhelm citizens armed with small arms. Thus, citizens will be controlled ironically with the same armaments that they think will protect them from a government armed by the same source.


Eventually? Why not now since the military has a huge weapons advantage since WWII? The general population has no defense from air attack (either tactical ground attack or strategic bombing), no counter for artillery, little counter for armored vehicles outside of suicide attacks, no organization, no squad level heavy weapons, and even insufficient small arms of military caliber. This has been the case since the end of the Civil War, but moreso since the end of WWI and even more after each technical improvement created by each successive conflict.

_________________
With friends like Guido, you will not have enemies for long.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer


"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group