EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:56 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Josh did you erase the 100,000 vegan recipes thread

and if so please say why

sealclubbing is banned.
http://seashepherd.org/seals/seals.html
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=martha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 8:46 am 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

arc108 wrote:

and if so please say why

It was me. In one of the threads it was pointed out there was a thread on Jerky recipes, which Josh deleted because it did not pertain to Animal Concerns. There followed a comment concerning other recipes being left and when I looked back I found that thread. Since recipes were not an Animal Concern issue, I deleted that thread as well.

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:09 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
arc108 wrote:

and if so please say why

It was me. In one of the threads it was pointed out there was a thread on Jerky recipes, which Josh deleted because it did not pertain to Animal Concerns. There followed a comment concerning other recipes being left and when I looked back I found that thread. Since recipes were not an Animal Concern issue, I deleted that thread as well.

A move towards fairness Wayne. That helps .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:02 am 
This user has been banned

He jumped the gun ARC :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:37 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
arc108 wrote:

and if so please say why

I should have explained why I deleted the jerky recipe thread more clearly (which I did not). Posting a jerky recipe thread in an animal concerns forum is sort of like yelling fire in a crowded theater when there isn't one. The only reason someone does it is to cause trouble. This is a very gray area, and there are many other postings from both sides that are probably just there to tweak the "other" side, but this was a blatant one, and so I took action.

As for other recipes (or recipes in general), there are literally hundreds if not thousands of recipe-specific sites that archive recipes of all types (including vegan, vegetarian, fruitarian, meat-heavy, etc.). I think in general these fall under the same category as news articles. There's no reason to post entire recipes here unless it is in direct response to a request and is non-incendiary.

In general, there's really no reason to post the entirety of any non-original work here if it can be linked to elsewhere on line. That's the beauty of the net.

-josh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:46 am 

Oh shoot I'm sorry. I thought recipes fell under "etc." since they've been around for some time. Alrighty then! No recipes! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:57 am 

Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:14 pm 

josh knauer wrote:
Admin note: I changed the topic name to take out the name in it (mine). Arc108... can we stop doing this please?

Hi Josh

One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:16 pm 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Hi Josh

One thing I would like to note. Sometimes I believe a persons name could be okay in a tread header. Yesterday I wanted to draw attention to a post for Theila that I felt she might have missed. I put the header as This one is for Theila and was actually a link and review for the movie the Yearling. with Gregory Peck as a lead actor. The thread wasn't meant to be an attack in any way shape or form. It was meant as a helpful lead that she and others might enjoy. Sometimes rules get in the way,is all. I can see your point in most cases if they are meant as personal put downs though..

Donnie... I have always been criticized for selectively applying rules, which I do for exactly the reason you expressed. There are always exceptions to rules and in my mind rules are guidelines, not strict orthodoxy.

-josh

Last edited by josh knauer on Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:52 pm 
EnviroLink Volunteer
EnviroLink Volunteer

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Hi Josh

Just to be clear, that was me changing that title too .... :oops:

“Intellect is invisible to the man who has none”
Arthur Schopenhauer

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
Albert Einstein

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:09 pm 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
josh knauer wrote:

Hi Josh

Just to be clear, that was me changing that title too .... :oops:

Ah yes , Wayne the over zealous moderator. To funny. No problem though as I was just offering that rules are sometimes to stringent versus the obvious point if the thread is just about a personal attack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:52 pm 

Changed a heading to take the piss as well didnt you wayne?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:03 pm 

phantomuk wrote:

Wow... whatever this means, it sure is a constructive addition to the discussion here! And you wonder why people may be turned off by the dialogue here?!? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:12 pm 

josh knauer wrote:
phantomuk wrote:

Wow... whatever this means, it sure is a constructive addition to the discussion here! And you wonder why people may be turned off by the dialogue here?!? :roll:

Sort your moderators out big boy and there would not be a problem :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 11:31 pm 

the original post was not recipes but links to recipes

sealclubbing is banned.
http://seashepherd.org/seals/seals.html
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=martha

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next