EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:59 am 
Member with over 1000 posts!

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Except you completed you assumption and quatified it with perhaps. The point being you imade the structure appear as RF lost to the horse and that is what upset him perhaps. Not a hard thing to admitt you assume that nobdy would notice that slight of words Wayne,we being so stupid and all.

The use of "perhaps" would not 'complete an assumption' nor would it be 'quatified' ... I am not sure what that even is supposed to mean. I did ask the question, but the level of stupidity is your own construct as I assumed nothing.

Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.

Life is a time capsule we strive to fill with precious memories.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:14 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
focus[1]
(noun) 5 a : a center of activity, attraction, or attention <the focus of the meeting was drug abuse>; b : a point of concentration

Yeah yeah...we've seen your pointing trick. And I once saw a horse that could do math problems by stamping with his hoof.

Still upset because the horse was better at counting than you were perhaps?

What does a horse beating you in counting have to do with the definition of "focus" that you also did not seem to know?

Why would you assume that RF was upset that a horse could stamp out a math answer or that the horse was more accurate Wayne. I tought you were trying to erase such assumptions from the board. RF didn't even indicate the answers were correct by human standards BUT you are ASSUMING they were. :shock: .

Asking a question is not making an assumption, but it is asking for clarification. Since it seemed to be a significant event for RF and given the history it could be a reason. What does "correct by human standards" mean in relation to counting? Are you trying to say the animals have a different base numeral system?

I do thin k they have a different standard of coun ting then humans Wayne. I think they say," I will have an ear of corn, and now i will have another , and now another ,and now an other." Are you keeping up Wayne???.

No, it does not make any sense at this point. You believe horses count but do not keep that count? Eating more is not generally considered to be counting, unless you also believe there is some intelligent planning in that eating process too. That seems to be an oxymoron in the making.

When an ego becomes as puffed up as yours has Wayne,. It should be obvious that by my comments I don't think horses are counting the corn ears Wayne. I think they can be trained to imidtate counting and might even be able to stamp out an answer but I don't think they care about keeping a numbers game. However the sad point is that you feel driven to marginalize the intelligence of someone like RF as you have. It speaks volumes of your ego. You marginalize his math intelligence in the same way you marginalzed his integrity and debating skills in an effort to destroy his character on this board. That speaks volumes about your own loss of character Wayne.. In fact you busted a long lasting friendship between you and I bcause I was forthright enough to state RF is an honest man who does not lie. That was an insult to you because you needed to paint RF as a liar and a cheat to maintain your sense of Ego. You have gained nothing from this charade Wayne. As soon as I made note that you were wrong about RF & Festus ,you set about in trying to discredit me. That is to bad but I can live with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:35 am 

Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Since I don't want to be accused of misinterpeting anything else on this thread which is strangly titled " Loving Nature with a gun", I wonder what the hell Wayne is trying to say here.

Quote:
Since the original article dealt with trophy hunting, most of what you and others have said on the thread had anything to do with the article. Hunting per se was not even the focus.

How do trophs get to be throphys without them being hunted since the preoccupation is about hunting with GUNS. Even more strange is the disconnect that hunting individuals from a species does not mean you don't love the species you hunt.

Well that's just Wayne deciding what is important and what isn't, so all the lessers on the forum can be clear on it.

No that would be you sticking your foot into your mouth again because you did not read what was written.

So now that Wijim is deciding what is a nd isn't more important, so the3 lessers on the forum can gripe at him ... oh, wait, that will not happen because he is one of "us" so he gets to say such things.

:roll:

Quote:
i would think that many women who hunt possibly don't while they are pregnant and/or nursing as well. it's part of the human condition. but nobody said a thing about the original articale from watson having anything to do with a woman who was pregnant or nursing.

i do have to say wayne that in sandra's arguement, it went from a woman as a nurturer to a pregnant or nursing mother, which had nothing to do with what watson was discussing or what we had discussed. she went from "woman" to "nursing mother" within a couple posts. so why is that considered me deciding whats important if i merely wanted goal posts to stay put by correcting irrelevant add-ins?

wonder if the thought crossed you mind that we think alike often enough because we have come up with mutual understandings when we three have tangled in the past on issues amongst ourselves. all three of us, wijim, rf, and donnie have had disagreements, then centered our logic and offered up apologies , concessions or agreed to disagree at the end of the day..(or thread as it may be.. it has nothing to do with double standard, it has to do with understanding what one another says cuz we've been on the same boards long enough to realize alot of the meaning of each other and communication styles of one another.

Last edited by wijim on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:39 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
RF wrote:
Wayne Stollings wrote:
focus[1]
(noun) 5 a : a center of activity, attraction, or attention <the focus of the meeting was drug abuse>; b : a point of concentration

Yeah yeah...we've seen your pointing trick. And I once saw a horse that could do math problems by stamping with his hoof.

Still upset because the horse was better at counting than you were perhaps?

What does a horse beating you in counting have to do with the definition of "focus" that you also did not seem to know?

Why would you assume that RF was upset that a horse could stamp out a math answer or that the horse was more accurate Wayne. I tought you were trying to erase such assumptions from the board. RF didn't even indicate the answers were correct by human standards BUT you are ASSUMING they were. :shock: .

Asking a question is not making an assumption, but it is asking for clarification. Since it seemed to be a significant event for RF and given the history it could be a reason. What does "correct by human standards" mean in relation to counting? Are you trying to say the animals have a different base numeral system?

I do thin k they have a different standard of coun ting then humans Wayne. I think they say," I will have an ear of corn, and now i will have another , and now another ,and now an other." Are you keeping up Wayne???.

No, it does not make any sense at this point. You believe horses count but do not keep that count? Eating more is not generally considered to be counting, unless you also believe there is some intelligent planning in that eating process too. That seems to be an oxymoron in the making.

When an ego becomes as puffed up as yours has Wayne,. It should be obvious that by my comments I don't think horses are counting the corn ears Wayne. I think they can be trained to imidtate counting and might even be able to stamp out an answer but I don't think they care about keeping a numbers game. However the sad point is that you feel driven to marginalize the intelligence of someone like RF as you have. It speaks volumes of your ego. You marginalize his math intelligence in the same way you marginalzed his integrity and debating skills in an effort to destroy his character on this board. That speaks volumes about your own loss of character Wayne.. In fact you busted a long lasting friendship between you and I bcause I was forthright enough to state RF is an honest man who does not lie. That was an insult to you because you needed to paint RF as a liar and a cheat to maintain your sense of Ego. You have gained nothing from this charade Wayne. As soon as I made note that you were wrong about RF & Festus ,you set about in trying to discredit me. That is to bad but I can live with it.

i've seen how that is done. its no big secret how a horse comes up with a solution. you ask a question in a particular tone....horse has been conditioned to respond by stomping a foot at that tone of questioning voice. it stomps, and if the question from the trainer was, "what is 3+4"...the horse stomps 7 seven times slowly and prior to the 8th stomp...the trainer says "good horsey" and gives him a carrot or something to indicate that the horse no longer has to stomp...(through conditioning of course). it has nothing to do with the horse even having the ability to conceptualize the number 3, 4, 7 or anything like that.

Last edited by wijim on Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:42 am 

Donnie
Quote:
Sure you did Wayne . You assumed nobody would notice your sentence structure was meant to imply that a horse could outcount RF and that would anger RF. You had to work that trick by indicating that you assumed the horse was more intelligent and hen implying that your assumption would anger RF. Would you like to stop your childness and act more like an adult now. Puffing yourself up like you have been doing lately isn't helping your internet persona Wayne. Stating by your unilateral choice that others are beneath your intelligence when in fact they have shown your own transgressions is making you look like a paper tiger.

Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.

RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:44 am 

Donnie
Quote:
However the sad point is that you feel driven to marginalize the intelligence of someone like RF as you have..

OMG. Really Donnie did RF sprout wings in this thread? He's also marginalizing Wayne. Stop your blatant double standard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:52 am 

Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:
However the sad point is that you feel driven to marginalize the intelligence of someone like RF as you have..

OMG. Really Donnie did RF sprout wings in this thread? He's also marginalizing Wayne. Stop your blatant double standard!

i dont know if you noticed grace....but between rf, donnie n myself....we have been lumped into one three headed monsterby wayne, because we all three see things similarly. he's equating that to the three of us blindly attacking. if i have a differing opinion, i let it be known. grace you have seen me go round with rf, you have seen me go round with donnie, you have seen donnie go round with rf..(or was that before your time?..im not sure you might not have seen that). as well if festus was stil around...he would be lumped in to make it 4 headed....and we know many of us have gone round with him.

but this thing is kind of funny because....we have wayne just plain old saying "how it is".....with no supporting info...other than him just "saying it"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 am 

Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:

I am applying the same double standard to Wayne as he applyed to me the moment that I indicated RF has integrity and doesn't lie. Surly you can figure that out Grace ,cause it is like, really obvious. .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:53 am 

Dang. I hate when this happens. I left this thread in a decent discussion. Now it's another bout between RF and Wayne with everybody else chiming in with their two cents. Well here's my $.02. I say we get back to the discussion at hand. What was it again? Hunting? Guns? Grace's Murano? I don't even remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:06 am 

wijim wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:

i dont know if you noticed grace....but between rf, donnie n myself....we have been lumped into one three headed monsterby wayne, because we all three see things similarly. he's equating that to the three of us blindly attacking. if i have a differing opinion, i let it be known. grace you have seen me go round with rf, you have seen me go round with donnie, you have seen donnie go round with rf..(or was that before your time?..im not sure you might not have seen that). as well if festus was stil around...he would be lumped in to make it 4 headed....and we know many of us have gone round with him.

but this thing is kind of funny because....we have wayne just plain old saying "how it is".....with no supporting info...other than him just "saying it"

I was actually quite strongly in favor of welfare laws. RF and I had some nasty digs at one another over my view. We came to find out we are both animal welfare minded but feel it is up to society to fix the problems without laws. It is better to have society gravitate to using animals kindly then to putting laws in the mix. Not that long ago Festus Amy RF and I had a heated debate on trapping. Wiijim Jerrimiah and I had a real go at Bow Hunters not seeing the threats in getting to eletist about what and how to hunt. Quite a few times in the middle of a thread where one of us finds a missed value or overstated remark we will challenge the other person. Might insert a wink or something but the thing is we do strive to offer opinions when we disaggree. You have had Wiijim support you in the past when I was on your case. And Festus came to Barb's defense on other boards if someone else made a remark that wasn't up to his standards of fairness. He usually added the caveat that it grieved him to agree with Barb or asked if he misread the post but he would offer that he felt Barb was wronged if HE tought she was wronged.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:12 am 

Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:

Hey Donnie? RF can handle his own. You're employing a double standard by calling Wayne on the horse counting post, when, for example, RF implies here that Wayne is like an idiot-savant monkey.

RF
Quote:
I'm willing to explain my use of terms and what they mean to the point. There's a difference between that and standing there pointing to a dictionary like an idiot-savant monkey that can recognize a symbol on a paper but can't go on to form real thoughts.

So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:14 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:

I am applying the same double standard to Wayne as he applyed to me the moment that I indicated RF has integrity and doesn't lie. Surly you can figure that out Grace ,cause it is like, really obvious. .

No, that's not how I saw it at all. I think it was obvious after I pointed it out to you, otherwise, why wouldn't you clarify within your posts that was your intent? It would have added more precision to your point you see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:14 am 

Archer wrote:
Dang. I hate when this happens. I left this thread in a decent discussion. Now it's another bout between RF and Wayne with everybody else chiming in with their two cents. Well here's my $.02. I say we get back to the discussion at hand. What was it again? Hunting? Guns? Grace's Murano? I don't even remember.

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 am 

Archer wrote:

The point of this whole concept by Watson is built on a strawman Fallacy. Hunting exists because hunters exist and we still do gather our food wether in grocery stores or in the wild. Some is hunted and gathered as meat while other food is hunted and gathered as plant food fibre wether it is wild blueberry or wild deer or domesticated ungulate and hydro grown tomatoes. Watson's strawman doesn't match the truth.

Last edited by Donnie Mac Leod on Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 am 

Donnie Mac Leod wrote:
Grace wrote:
Donnie
Quote:

RF
Quote:

So it is that obvious that Wayne is having trouble that Grace had to put on her cape and come riding to the rescue. Gotcha> Would you see that you are telling me to lay off support of Rf's maintaining dignity here by pointing out that Wayne is trying to destroy him with marginalization tactics. So you don't see your own double standard in jumping on my case Grace??

No rescue mission here, Donnie. Just reminding you to clean off your nose and start reading the threads a little more closely to see how obvious your double standard is. It's one thing to come to one's defense on an issue or a blatant one-sided flame war. Quite another to turn a blind eye to your side's battle tactics, while berating another for using the same.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next