EnviroLink Forum

Community • Ecology • Connection
It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:39 am 
New User
New User

Lately, I see and hear from all the sides how wonderful solar energy is for anyone. I appreciate the idea- it is brilliant - harvesting free energy of the Sun, BUT I do not like the way that the industry is becoming increasingly commercial, which often goes hand in hand with the destruction of the environment and big corporations ravaging the planet for resources.

I am afraid we are heading more the way of creating another huge problem - like how it has happened with plastic.

What are your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm 
Member with over 1000 posts!
Member with over 1000 posts!

If everyone would have gone one child only or less and all solar, last century, we might have had a chance. How will we stop this?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 am 
New User
New User

Johhny Electriglide wrote:
If everyone would have gone one child only or less and all solar, last century, we might have had a chance. How will we stop this?

You say last century...but we did not even have the knowledge we have now then. In 1950s, there were only 2.5 billion people on the planet, world was also dealing with the huge impact of the WWII, but since then our populations skyrocketed, technology improved to the point when we can use complex models to predict development....But the main problem here is the direction in which society develops. Anything that has any commercial value and marketing potential is taken by hundreds of people to multiply it and gain their riches on it, regardless of the impacts in the long-run. Which is what concerns me a bit about booming solar industry as well....